• A degree and Post postgraduate qualification in Women’s Studies, Human rights, Gender and Development, Social Sciences, or other relevant fields.
• Minimum of five (3) years proven programme experience of delivering similar Gender justice and women’s rights programmes/projects
• Good understanding and experience of project/program management cycle, and participatory appraisal techniques
• Knowledge of and experience with donor funding environment and good financial and project management skills
• Understanding of the “Rights-Based Approach”
• Proven experience in managing the implementation of more than one project
• Proven experience of working with and managing partner organizations
• Experience in campaigning, advocacy, and influencing work, ideally with experience on Women’s Rights issues, including Violence against Women
• Demonstrated understanding of the gender aspects in development, humanitarian, and campaign programmes, with an ability to support mainstreaming in these areas
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Ability to travel extensively in all areas of the country & the region as required
• Support in the implementation of the women’s rights projects in line with the Oxfam Country Strategy (OCS) and organizational policies.
• Contribute to the preparation of the women’s rights project proposal documents, project summaries, and project overviews.
• Work in close collaboration with other Oxfam teams, contribute to the development and implementation of Oxfam strategy and programmes in Uganda putting women’s rights at the center of the prgramme.
• Offer technical support to the program teams especially in areas of research, advocacy, campaigns, fundraising, and public engagements in the spirit of a one program approach
• Coordinate partners to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, indicators, and MEAL frameworks for women’s rights projects
• Represent Oxfam in forums/meetings related to women’s rights across the country, region, and globally.
• Engage with project stakeholders at the national and sub-national level
• Lead the process on donor reporting and adherence to donor requirements
• Work with Program Quality & Learning Coordinator (PQL) and Program Managers to ensure that the MEL Framework is effectively adopted by the partners and that monitoring data is well managed and readily available for program quality control
• Constructively support partners’ management of projects in the various stages of project cycle management, from project appraisal to reporting.
• Conduct regular project reviews to discuss project progress with partners. share learnings and experiences that inform actions moving forward
• Lead the process of project documentation for visibility and learning
• Identify/create opportunities/platforms to foster strategic linkages, alliances, and networks that enhance sharing, learning, and collaboration in the women’s movement
• Carry out regular monitoring visits to partners and project locations to ensure that there is progress in implementation as planned
• Carry out regular performance assessments and reviews of partner organizations and provide guidance on enhancing the quality of projects.
• Participate in regular meetings with partner organizations and relevant value chain multi-stakeholder platforms.
• Ensure that all action points/ recommendations agreed upon with partners during project reviews are followed through during project implementation.
• Support with partner contracting process, implement and monitor the agreements reached with the consortium or the implementing partners.
• Hold and/or participate in regular meetings with partner organizations, and stakeholders to ensure that the working relationship between them and Oxfam is positive, open, and conducive to the successful achievement of agreed objectives.
• Ensure project compliance including management of project information in the SAP/ADOBE system