Applicants should be Ugandans holding an honours Bachelor’s Degree either in Commerce, or Finance, or Accounting, or any other business related field from a recognized University/Institution. Professional qualification in Accounting in either ACCA or CIMA or CPA) will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years of working experience at Assistant Officer or Officer level in Government or from a reputable organization.
1. Managing special projects assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or Director Treasury Services
2. Working across Divisions with the Town clerks, different Division functions and Mayors to coordinate interpretation of financial results and the monitoring of Division financial budget
3. Keeping the Town Clerk informed on the status of all financial matters relating to the Division.
4. Verifying and assessing budgeting process and working closely with the Division team in developing their annual budgets in line with the budget call circular released by the Directorate of Treasury Services.
5. Working with the Manager Financial Accounting and Manager Management Accounting to assure the efficiency and timeliness of payments, budgeting, cost controls and financial reporting.
6. Supporting the Town Clerk in analyzing new and existing programs and rendering financial advice which will contribute to the delivery of services to Division in a cost-effective manner.
7. Preparing and presenting Divisional financial and statistical reports to the Town Clerk, Treasury team and the relevant Division Committees.
8. Fine-tuning activity-based costing so that each Department understands how their resources are being allocated and utilized
9. Analyzing and interpreting monthly Divisional operations and proactively investigating variances from plan and recommending or implementing corrective plans where necessary.
10. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.