The Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting the Sales Manager, Branch, and Savings teams to promote and achieve business growth objectives through the implementation of different strategies as stated in the Annual Marketing Plan.
Qualifications and Experience
A Business related Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, or equivalent from a recognized University or Tertiary institution
3 year’s work experience in Sales Mobilization and Branding in a consumer goods industry
A valid driving license for classes DH, DM, DL, CH, CLM, B and A
1. Assisting in the execution of the annual scheduled activities for the mobile van in alignment with the marketing plan
2. Supporting all sales promotions, marketing campaigns, and special events in liaison with the Sales Support Officer
3. Obtaining and sharing feedback from branches and customers with regard to the quality of service delivery.
4. Contributing innovations for sales growth.
5. Identifying opportunities and recommending solutions for improving the overall network health by assessing overall effectiveness and efficiency
6. Distributing marketing and branding materials to branches.
7. Advising on the status of branch branding, cleanliness, general ambiance, and availability of delivery channels materials and writes reports to the Sales Manager and Marketing Manager.
8. Using the van to promote brand awareness and publicity.
9. Managing and maintaining the marketing van to ensure extra care (e.g. safety, timely servicing, and cleanliness) and all the equipment on it and reporting any malfunctions in time.
10. Receiving, counting, and shelving supplies
11. Maintaining receipts, records, and distributing stock.
12. Inspecting deliveries for damage or discrepancies, reporting those to the supplier and supervisor for reimbursements, and record keeping.
13. Ensuring adequate record-keeping and managing all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintaining inventory control.
14. Performing other Marketing stock-related duties, including returning and labeling supplies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
1. Good knowledge of Sales and Marketing in a Financial Institution
2. Strong organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative
3. Good multitasking capabilities and team player.
4. Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and customer service.
6. A good understanding of the Microfinance Industry
7. Excellent Driving Skills and Knowledge of motor vehicle functioning