The role of the Financial Analysis and Business Partnering team is to provide quality strategic insight and effective finance partnering to key stakeholders to drive quality financial and business outcomes. The role is responsible for providing professional support to the Finance leadership team and SCI Centre office budget-holders to deliver high-quality management reporting.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Centre Finance team with the production of monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts and value-added financial information for budget managers while maintaining the general ledger, reconciling control accounts, reconciling accrual and prepayment accounts.
Part-qualified, AAT-qualified or Qualified by experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Relevant finance work experience in a Chartered Accounting, Commercial or NGO environment.
• Well-developed analytical skills.
• Good IT literacy including expertise in spreadsheet modelling.
• Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully and work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure organisation.
• Ability to liaise remotely with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to be proactive and logical in problem-solving scenarios.
• Thorough – high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high-quality work
• A good understanding of financial systems and procedures.
• Conscientious and client focussed.
• Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
• A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
• Verbal and written fluency in English.
• Experience in budgeting, forecasting and dashboard preparation.
• Experience in balance sheet reconciliation and analysis
• Experienced in a multi-currency Finance environment
• Support the Budget Holder to monitor performance vs budget and provide commentary on variances against all funding sources.
• Provide bespoke analysis of monthly financial results and provide analysis to support decision-making.
• Review accuracy, completeness and timeliness of ledger postings.
• Review budget holder BvAs for errors and omissions.
• Posting of correction and reallocation journals, accruals and prepayments.
• Resolving queries from budget holders regarding financial transactions.
• Review accuracy and completeness of payroll data postings.
• Reconciliation of accrual and prepayment accounts.
• Balance sheet review and maintenance for specified accounts.
• Produce monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts etc.
• Attending meetings with budget holders were required to review BvAs and develop robust financial forecasts.
• Coordinate the consolidation of SCI centre budget/forecast processes, including upload of budget and forecast templates into the Agresso finance system.
• Review month-end data before hard close for accuracy and completeness.
• Maintain the SCI intranet “OneNet” for Management Accounts content.
• Assist with regular and ad-hoc data requests and financial analysis for SCI leadership and stakeholders
• Where required, partner with stakeholders on ad hoc projects/analyses, providing advice and guidance.
• Develop and document internal processes as required, to enable high-quality finance support to business partners.
• Undertake additional duties, supporting other senior Finance staff as and when required.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply