Under the overall guidance and support of the Programme Development and Quality Director, the post holder will be leading both Education and Protection technical team at South Sudan Country office.
The role includes providing leadership in national advocacy and policy changes, external engagement and fundraising with an aim to support the government as well as other stakeholders and contribute to strengthening national education and protection systems.
The Head of Education & protection is responsible for establishing the plans of action and overseeing work progress to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable programme/project results, according to plans, allocation results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as SC’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Summary of Key Functions/Accountabilities:
- Advocacy, networking and partnership strengthening
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and quality control of results
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Managerial leadership
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- An Education or Protection professional with a Master’s degree in social policy or another relevant field
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education or child protection at the international level is required.
- Experience working in a post-conflict context is considered an asset.
- Familiarity/background with emergency is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of written and spoken English.
Contract duration: One Year
Location: South Sudan, Juba office with regular field travel
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers