Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
- Providing computer-related support and customer services to students;
- Be present, visible, and available to students requiring technical assistance;
- Answer ICT related questions from students;
- Research for solutions to unfamiliar ICT questions posed by students;
- Maintain and troubleshoot computers in college computer labs;
- Maintaining a clean and quiet work area for students;
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Supervisor;
- Supporting learning management system users (students and lecturers) in the computer laboratory.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Senior six (S.6) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education and a Certificate in Computer Science or any ICT-related field.
- Any prior experience working in a computer laboratory is an added advantage.
- Interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills;
- Problem-Solving Skills;
- Time-management skills;
- Independence and attention to detail;
- Administering and managing computer laboratories;
- Troubleshooting and repairing computers;
- Good knowledge of the internet and intranet;
- Managing learning management systems.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should follow the link below
Deadline: 1st September 2021