The successful candidate will be responsible for initiating, developing, and monitoring the implementation of systems, policies, and procedures of HIV/TB Pediatric/adolescent and MNH programs in line with Baylor Uganda’s mission and National program objectives for Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review and approval Baylor-Uganda policies and SOPs and periodic consolidated work plan, procurement plan and budget for the ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management and MNH, then monitor targeted data-driven implementation at regional level in line with National program objectives for Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management
• Develop and monitor the implementation of 5 or 3 years operation strategy for ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management based on holistic strategic thinking while repositioning Baylor Uganda’s ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management’ programs in line with National related changing guidelines, policy, and environment
• Provide technical and leadership support during the mobilization of funding & technical resources for program sustainability & growth including development of new partnerships & business for the ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB’ program
. • Develop and monitor the implementation for strategies geared towards strengthening demand creation, community engagement, and functional linkages and referrals for ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB’ services while utilizing the approved IEC materials in line with related National program objectives
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks between Baylor Uganda with ‘relevant development partners and implementing partners,’ to advocate for comprehensive, relevant, and harmonized interventions to reflect latest trends in ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management’ in line with National related program objectives
• Develop and monitor the implementation and evaluation of the capacity building plan/interventions and retooling plan (materials, working tools & space) which includes the refurbishment of appropriate infrastructures) for ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management and MNH based on a clear related National curriculum and needs in line with the related National program objectives
• Develop strategies and procedures for monitoring the integration and implementation of gender and CQI procedures in the management of ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB services’ to improve on service delivery in line with related National program objectives
• Review the existing M&E framework and provide technical support in the development of indicators for ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management and related appropriate reporting procedures then follow up the integration of these indicators in the Baylor-Uganda M&E frameworks in line with related National program objectives.
• Periodically evaluate the performance of Baylor-Uganda in comparison to other implementing partners/countries in terms of ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB’ program implementation then develop action plans for improvements including periodic report writing and feedback to key stakeholders in line with the related National program objectives.
• Monitor the compliance of the staff under ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB’ and MNH programs to HR systems and policies as well as conduct supervisory HR support activities to maintain competent and motivated leaders under Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management in line with the Human Resources Manual
• Develop periodic abstracts and newsletters based on documented lessons learned and experiences under Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management then disseminate them to key stakeholders in form of reports and presentations in periodic stakeholder’s workshops in line with Baylor-Uganda policy for ‘Outcome evaluation & Knowledge management
General medicine, Project management, Quality control, and supervision, Public health, Medicine