The Web Editor will support the Secretary in planning creative content generation, editing, proofreading and publishing on the Council website and other online resources to increase traffic, showcase quality content, and make the experience excellent tor the website and social media visitors.
- Originate and present new content in an interesting and appealing manner.
- Source images and artwork, and commission
- Perform daily posting on the Council website and social media workspace/pages/handles with the latest updates to provide sustainability and a good user experience to all online visitors.
- Proofread and edit content and obtain approval from the Secretary tor online publication in a creative way.
- Monitor the website’s and social media traffic to measure and improve their popularity.
- Liaise with clients and in-house team members to decide on new posts.
- Maintain the website and ensure the accuracy of the content.
- Analyze and recommend interesting topics to publish online and in line with the Council‘s established procedures.
- Collaborate with professionals (e.g. web designers, marketing executives and photographers} tor layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork) to improve information and article presentation.
- Keep track of developments in web technology and apply them to the Council website.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or Media Studies from a recognized institution. A certificate in Journalists’ Law from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Hands-on and proven work experience as a web editor with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop and other publishing tools in a reputable organization for at least two years.
- Experience with print media and working with websites is desirable.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills in English with a demonstrable portfolio of online published work
- In-depth knowledge and use of Social Media
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ethics, Integrity and Con?dentiality
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Working as part of a team