To be successful in this role, you will have/bring the following:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Public Health, Social Sciences or related field with a Post Graduate training in M&E or Project Planning and Management from an accredited academic institution.
• Master’s degree in the relevant fields will be an added advantage
• Minimum three years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body;
• Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyses and disseminate complex information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
• Well-developed research, analytical (qualitative and quantitative), documentation and report-writing and skills, with particular competency in participatory research methods;
• Ability to write clear and well-argued assessments and project reports. A high level of written and spoken English
• Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, Statistical Packages and PowerPoint;
• Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values-driven teams;
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values, and principles
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the Regional MEAL Managers at our various field locations in Uganda. The Regional MEAL Manager takes the overall responsibility of operationalizing the MEAL system and SCI MEAL approach in both development and humanitarian programmes in the region. The post-holder will be expected to lead on MEAL system implementation including monitoring of program quality, rolling out accountability initiatives, supporting program evaluations, and leading on area MEAL budgeting. S/he will be expected to supervise the regional MEAL team and lead MEAL capacity building of programme staff and partners.