The Project Officer is directly responsible for the day-to-day planning and implementation of the Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) and Youth Economic Empowerment (YEE) components of this project. S/he is accountable to the Project Coordinator – REAL Project who is responsible for the delivery of the overall project results in line with a project proposal within the designated districts and donor requirements.
Knowledge / Expertise:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Science, Social Work, Development Studies, Social Sciences, demography or population studies or any relevant field with wide demonstrated relevant experience in implementing SRHR, experience in YEE related activities is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years professional experience in implementing SRHR
• Demonstrated skills and experience in Health in an emergency setting especially in the SRHR area and knowledge in implementing YEE programs in an emergency will be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience in networking with other development partners in the field.
• Experience and skills in the use of participatory approaches and rights-based programming.
• Support in developing and implementing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project work plans, project activities, and budgets.
• Prepare and submit to the Project Coordinator high-quality activity, weekly, quarterly, and annual narrative reports for all completed activities.
• Coordinate effectively with Project staff including the Project Coordinator and Project Manager and other staffs to leverage efforts, build synergy, teamwork and deliver high-quality project results
• Support tracking, monitoring, evaluation, documentation, and reporting of project outputs, outcomes, impact or results, and changes in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
• Support effective project budget utilization, management, and monitoring for activities directly implemented by Plan staff and partners.
• Support timely accountability for funds used to implement projects in line with Plan international accounting policies and procedures and donor requirements.
• Assist ineffective management of project resources including procurements in accordance with Plan International Uganda policies and guidelines and in accordance with grant conditions.
• Support with representation in SRHR and YEE District working group meeting meetings with Implementing Partners including UNHCR and other stakeholders at settlement and district level in close consultation with the Project Coordinator.
• Assist with project risk management in the implementation of the project to minimize their occurrence and possible effects on the project in line with Plan International Risk Management policy and project risk mitigation measures
• Ensure compliance with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and guidelines in all project activities
• Mobilize target community members, children, families, and key stakeholders within target communities at sub-county and district level to participate in project activities
• Support the Project Manager and National Program Manager – Health in developing Concept papers/ proposals for funding opportunities.
• Performs additional duties as per the request of the Project Coordinator