The purpose of the Education Cluster Coordinator position is to ensure a coherent and effective response to education needs being addressed by agencies engaging in Education interventions, as required by the activation of the United Nations Cluster System in Sudan. The Education Cluster Coordinator will lead this initiative by working closely with the education stakeholders (children, families, communities, authorities, education institutions and INGOs and UN agencies) to provide an effective, timely and strategic collective response to the current situation.
The Education Cluster Coordinator will work impartially, serving the needs of all members of the education cluster, and should work closely with UN OCHA coordination staff, UNICEF – Co-lead Agency and other country cluster coordinators and education partners. The education cluster is accountable to the Humanitarian Leadership Group and Humanitarian Coordinators through the lead agencies (Save the Children and UNICEF).
It may be necessary to facilitate the set-up of clusters at sub-national level and to work with/supervise dedicated information management staff. As SCI Education Cluster Coordinator, as Co-lead Agency will also closely work with UNICEF Education Cluster Coordinator in humanitarian emergency response pertaining to education in emergencies.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Advanced university degree (MSC/MA in education, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- At least five years of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in programmes relevant to Education in Emergency
- At least three years solid experience in education cluster coordination
- Developing country work experience
- Prior experience of working within a senior management role or cluster coordination within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to facilitate diverse groups.
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Demonstrable ability to work and represent views across different stakeholders taking part in the Education Cluster.
- Experience of high-level co-ordination and chairing of meetings.
- Demonstrable understanding of international humanitarian response and co-ordination mechanisms.
- Understanding of opportunities to provide integrated or cross-cutting humanitarian interventions with other sectors and Clusters
• Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Technical Writing
- Organization and Presentation
- Analytical Thinking
- Computer Skills
Contract duration: 1-year
Contract Type: Open to both International/National
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers