To manage the staff welfare and pay and administration system in line with the HR policy.
Minimum qualification requirements and Personal attributes for this position:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Commerce or other Business-related field.
• Three (3) years of working experience in payroll preparation in a big firm of at least 500 persons.
• Working knowledge of advanced excel with spreadsheets is a MUST.
• Understanding employment tax regimes and procedures are required.
• Working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Knowledge of Banking Systems will be an added advantage.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Attentiveness to detail.
• Good report writing skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrated high integrity and confidentiality
• Smart personal presentation.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
Key Result Areas:
1. Implement the Human Resource Information Management System,
2. Generate system-related reports, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
3. Implement the salary and administration processes which include generating the staff payroll and timely payment of salaries, effecting accurate deductions, generation, and distribution of payslips, submission of resultant reports, etc.
4. Identify, Investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheets and payroll records.
5. Reconcile general ledger records where necessary, in liaison with the Finance department.
6. Pay commissions, staff advances, and incentives accordingly.
7. Process gratuity and terminal benefits for payment and ensure monthly provisions for all are made.
8. Participate in salary and employee surveys undertaken by the Bank and make recommendations accordingly.
9. Implement the Health and Safety function and ensure adherence of the Bank to the OSH law.
10. Develop and recommend welfare services and facilities and implement the welfare schemes in line with the Bank policy.