Reports to: The Project Accountant
Salary Scale: Attractive
Number of Positions: One (1)
Duration of the contract: The contract is for 20 months.
Duty Station: Head Office, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Entebbe.
Working Experience: A minimum of three (3) years experience in the field of accounting/finance in projects/programs in the public sector or very large and reputable corporations.
Job Purpose: To Assist Project Accountant in the day-to-day activities of the Project
Duties and responsibilities
Assist the Project accountant to:
- Prepare payment vouchers, and posting in IFMS
- Posting transactions to ledgers
- Work hand in hand with the Project Accountant in building the capacity of project implementers at districts and lower levels.
- Prepare and maintain assets register for the project.
- Perform other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time by the supervisor
The Assistant Accountant should be in possession of an Honor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Accounting), Finance, Business Administration (Accounting), or any other related field majoring in Accounting. Partial completion of Professional Accountancy qualification at least stage 2 as a must requirement
- Proven ICT skills including database management.