Stores Officer manages the stock and inventory for Uganda Airlines stores both on-site and off-site. The role includes keeping up-to-date records of all inventories in stock. She/he is in charge of verifying all goods before receiving them and recording them into store records. Stores Officer must be responsible for preparing all dispatches and periodically reporting these dispatches to management. Stores Officer ensures all assets are properly engraved before delivery to the recipient. The job holder will keep an updated Assets records for property in facilities and in the office. She/he is expected to keep the stores neat and orderly for access and efficient management. She/he is expected to produce periodic reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and record all procurements and disbursements.
- Track all dispatched items to ensure that they reach their final destinations and also track the incoming goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain stock levels and maintain these at the required levels.
- Issue stocks as requested and ensure they are properly authorized.
- Ensure the safety of items in the store and that only authorized staff access the store.
- Maintain orderly and up-to-date documentation and filling system of the store’s documents.
- Keep an updated inventory of equipment, furniture, and other assets of Uganda airlines that are at the office and with beneficiaries.
- Ensure proper arrangement and clean storage area with shelves labeled properly.
- Carry out periodic stock taking.
- Make stock variance reports to the responsible Manager
- Periodically report expired stocks to the senior management team and arrange for their disposal.
- Make regular reports about movement and general store operations.
- Initiate purchase requisition for replacement of stock of all regular store items whenever the stock levels reach re-order levels.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management.
- Possession of CIPS will be an added advantage.
- Eligible candidates must have a minimum of two (02) years of hands-on relevant experience working for a reputable government or non-governmental organization.
- Possession of experience in aviation procurement will be an added advantage.
- Computer knowledge including, but not limited, to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Knowledge and Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System such as Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of PPDA Act and PPDA Regulations
- High levels of integrity
- Good judgment and strong communication skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Customer-focused and hospitable.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident, decisive, and proactive.
- Excellent Organisation Skills
How to apply
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full-size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at www.careers.ugandairlines.com or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.