Diploma, Associate’s degree
To implement field-level health technical programme activities and relevant sponsorship performance in line with targets and partnership standards in a manner that contributes to sustained and improved child wellbeing.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Minimum of a diploma in nursing, nutrition, clinical medicine, public health, community health, and related fields.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in community health and engagement with programming sectors (health and WASH)
• Computer literate (Ms. Word, Excel, And Powerpoint)
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Community Mobilization and engagement skills
• Report writing skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
• Willing to stay in a rural setting within sub-county of operation
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Ability to ride a motorcycle is a MUST
Project planning, implementation, and reporting
• Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned health activities, and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
• Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements
• Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops, and other fora
• Routinely identify local-level health partners, support and facilitate them in the implementation of planned activities
• Facilitate stakeholders and partners in supervision and monitoring of programmatic activities
• Communicate and work with local health facilities and Community Health Workers to improve health and nutrition issues identified in the communities on a monthly basis
• Conduct Health camps to ensure good health and prevent Registered Children (RC) deaths.
• Facilitate and document the integration of MVC in the Area program and integrate into the TP programming.
• Support District-wide selected activities outside of the Area program in the district of operation
• Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories.
Community engagement and advocacy
• Innovatively support communities including Registered Children’s (RC) households to participate and benefit from the health program development
• Mobilize and sensitize community (RC guardians, community leaders, and other community members) on health programs and issues and facilitate participation in the management of various community health and nutrition projects
• Build the capacity of children, families, and community to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
• Follow-up on commitments by local leaders on the improvement of the health environment and general wellbeing of children.
• Mobilize communities to participate in the relevant child health days and celebrations such as the world breastfeeding week.
• Participate/represent world Vision Uganda in the health sector review meetings both at facility and sub-county level
• Support implementation of National campaigns “It Takes a World” to address the health issues.
• Compile issue reports and position papers for sharing with relevant stakeholders at the sub-county and district level.
• Engage Faith leaders in the implementation of health activities and track cases addressed
Monitoring and evaluation
• Analyze and follow up management of RCs with health challenges
• Compile monitoring reports for management action and participate in updating the databases of the different health models
• Work with CSDF to identify, train monitors and partners on health-related matters.
• Support the health facility teams to review and analyze their data for impact and relevant feedback to the community teams
• Conduct quarterly reflection meetings with Community Health workers and follow-up on agreed actions.
• Build the capacity of Community Health workers to implement and report on activities implemented
Child Protection and Wellbeing
• Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
• Sensitize children including RCs, guardians/parents, and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.