The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, The Authority is under the general supervision of the Ministry of Information Communications Technology and National Guidance (MOICT&NG). The National Information Technology Authority, Uganda was established with a mandate to coordinate, promote and monitor the development of IT in the context of social and economic development of Uganda.
The Management Trainee – Communications will support in organizing public relations activities and ensuring effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
- Draft communication materials for the Office
- Respond to communication related issues in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database
- Support in preparation of detailed media activity reports
- Support in development of promotional material and publications for the Office
- Distribute press releases
- Assist in organizing PR as well as data protection and privacy awareness events
- Maintain and update information on the Office’s website and digital engagement channels
- Work with different departments to generate content
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations from a recognized university. Required
- One year of active experience in communication, journalism, marketing or public relations.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent use of digital communication tools
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and planning skills
- Self-confident with very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and execute campaigns that deliver measurable results
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are required to complete and submit a NITA-U Application Form, https://www.nita.go.ug/sites/default/files/publications/JOB%20APPLICATION%20FORM_0.pdf with a cover letter, supported by a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, email addresses of both the applicant and three referees to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application shouldn’t be more than 10MBs)