Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in IRC Field Office in Bidibidi, Yumbe district. The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes supporting the Health department under the ECHO grant. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day-to-day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
• A bachelor`s degree in Statistics, demography, Economics, M&E, or related field.
An advanced certificate in M&E, statistics will be of an added advantage
• Post-graduate Diploma in M&E will be an added advantage.
• Previous work with an NGO in a humanitarian environment.
• Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
• Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others.
• Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
• Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field.
• With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field staff in M&E.
• Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
• Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
• Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead
• Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
• Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
• Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports through the provision of timely accurate, and updated data.
• Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, assessment reports.
• Support the implementation of IRC’s MEAL standards including the Monitoring for action (MFA) standards in field sites.
• Support program staff to engage in continuous data quality improvement and support project staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
• Participate in quality of intervention monitoring together with stakeholders while ensuring the availability of data for assessing program quality.
• Support the operation of feedback channels (logbook, client satisfaction, and engagement surveys).
• Support the recording of feedback, analyses, and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision-making.