The logistics supervisor will manage freight forwarding, transportation, aviation. He/she will develop all operation policies & procedures.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above Logistic and Supply Chain Management, Freight forwarding or the related
- At least 5-year experience in Oil & Gas Industry
- Extensive knowledge of logistics, freight forwarding, and foreign trade process.
- Knowledge of declaration, import and export transportation.
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse operation.
- Experience in oil E&P.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Excellent analyzing and problem-solving ability.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Excellent team player.
- Highly motivated and achievement orientated.
- Prefer overseas and offshore oil field working experience.
Key Roles and responsibilities
- Establish an international logistics network for the company, ensure cargo moves smoothly and efficiently.
- Make the import and export materials transportation plan, supervision the implementation of the plan.
- Responsible for the declaration, inspection, and examination of materials, acceptance of delivery.
- Developing a freight forwarding manual that will be used as a working manual both internally & externally.
- Developing technical workgroups between JVs and the competent Authorities to solve logistics issues.
- Setting up control measures to ensure Company Policies and exemptions are not abused by contractors
- Liaising with customs personnel to ensure shipping companies and freight forwarders process shipments through Customs expeditiously.
- Carry out periodic route surveys across the East African Route Corridors.
- Preparation of a detailed expediting plan for both imports & exports and share it with logistic contractors
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with Suppliers, vendors, and shipping contacts throughout the procurement processing
- Ensure strict implementation of QHSE SOPs in transportation and handling of project materials.
- Processing permits and Licenses for specialized cargo like OOG & Dangerous goods
- Manage and monitor best forwarding process of goods through air/sea or road
- Responsible for cargo transportation and material handling, managing marine operation.
- Responsible for aviation service of personal movement between Kampala and site.
- Response for formulation and revision of procedures/policies governing logistics functions
- Assist logistics manager on the annual work plan and budgeting process and implementation of plans
- Provide guidance, coach & supervision to his juniors.
- Other duties assigned by superior.