The purpose of the LFS Coordinator position is to implement delegated LFS project portfolio
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
- University degree in Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science/Forestry, Development Studies.
- Post Graduate Qualification will be added Advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in the management of humanitarian and early recovery programs
- INGO experience is highly desired.
- Technical expertise in Livelihoods and Food Security
- Documented results in project and program management
- Experience from working a multi-component LFS project implementation in a similar position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of the context in humaniterance and recovery phase of refugee response
- Experience with start-up, exit EU funded project
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title.
- Line management of LFS project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Contribute to LFS strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement a delegated portfolio of LFS RISE projects (activities, budget, and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM as per donor and NRC reporting requirements.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of Refugee in line with the advocacy strategy
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention.
- Development of training materials for training especially in FFS, VSLA, and IGA
- Support integration of CCs to create impact by NRC
- Support new projects for synergy.
- Lead generation of the project idea and LFS resource mobilization in West Nile.
- Leads LFS staff capacity development and work and development plans.
- Developing LFS project reports, assessment reports, and other donor-required reports.
- Project planning: LFS PM and LFS Specialists
- Area operations: Support Coordinators (field office coordinators)
- Staff capacity building: LFS PM, LFS Specialists, HR Development Officer
- Implementation: LFS PM