As a gynecologist with MSF, you could change a woman’s life forever.
From flying to remote areas to manage complicated deliveries to caring for women struggling from debilitating conditions in conflicts, MSF obstetricians/gynecologists make a huge impact on women’s lives in our projects all over the world.
• Master’s degree in Obstetrics and gynecology
• Proven professional experience after registration, minimum of 2 years
• Current or recent clinical experience in the past 2 years
• Full registration with an appropriate professional body
• Available for a minimum of three months
• Minimum of three months’ work, volunteering, or travel experience in developing countries
• Willingness to work in unstable areas
• Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team
• Flexible and able to manage stress
• Able to provide training and supervision to others
• Fluency in English
Our gynecologists also require obstetrical skills as they will often run an entire maternity ward in a large secondary health facility.
It’s a challenging and rewarding role and you will be responsible for tasks such as providing curative care for women and children, performing obstetrical surgeries, managing and training a team of staff to run the department, and provide a high standard of care.