The East Africa Enterprise Support Coordinator holds a key role in the successful implementation of DfG’s Social Enterprise Program at the grassroots level. The Enterprise Support Coordinator makes monthly personal contact with registered DfG Social Entrepreneurs in the East Africa region. During this monthly personal connection, they assess programmatic and operational strengths and needs, as well as opportunities for future capacity building and support. During this monthly check-in, the Enterprise Support Coordinator communicates relevant DfGI and country-specific updates provides training and policy reminders and gathers information for monthly reports while providing encouragement and suggestions for improvement. The Enterprise Support Coordinator will maintain accurate records of monthly check-ins, and work closely with the Uganda Country Director and Uganda Program Manager to elevate needs and opportunities, which will inform ongoing program development and ensure overall program success, in line with DfG’s Theory of Change.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
The Enterprise Support Coordinator will possess the following experience and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to work collaboratively, establish and strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to teach and/or facilitate training among diverse populations.
- Ability to work inclusively and effectively with people across different cultures, backgrounds, education, and experience levels
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in G Suite applications (Gmail, Google Docs) and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Competency in the project and/or relationship software like Salesforce or Trello preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally within the region as needed
- Experience working in enterprise development or financial inclusion projects
- Experience working and collaborating with others remotely.
- Track record of experience in successful project management.
- Experience working in the field of sexual reproductive health, menstrual health management, girls’ education, and/or women’s empowerment preferred.
- Ability to work, manage, and collaborate remotely
- Self-motivated, driven, and proactive
- Language proficiency in English, and other local languages]
Experience & Personal Characteristics
- Strong ability to be self-motivated, take initiative, and be flexible and adaptable. Work well in a dynamic environment
- A strong problem solver with a focus on operational efficiency
- Willingness to work flexible hours based on international time zones
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly intercultural communication
- Highly organized and comfortable managing multiple projects and team members.
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Energetic, creative, and resourceful
- Love collaboration, as well as independence and can, work well with remote team members and different cultures
- Strong sense of gratitude
- Detail-oriented and conscientious in carrying out responsibilities accurately to completion
- Possess a strong work ethic and operate with a high level of trustworthiness and integrity
- Demonstrated passion for the Days for Girls International mission and desire to make a difference on a global scale.
Time Commitment and Compensation: This contracting engagement requires a 60 hour per month time commitment at $300/month and coverage of approved work-related expenses such as travel within the East Africa Region. Expenses must be approved by the DfGI contract supervisor before they are incurred. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this contract: While performing the contracted responsibilities, the contractor may be asked to lift packages or supplies up to 15kg. Work Authorization: For this engagement, the candidate must be authorized to work in Uganda without sponsorship. Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Posting will remain open until the position is filled
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter, CV, and a list of at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews scheduled on a rolling basis throughout the application cycle.