The Center for Health, Human Rights and Development (CEHURD) seeks to recruit a doctoral/post-doctoral research fellow to work with the Joint Advocacy for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (JAS) Programme in Uganda which is funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), The overall objective of this programme is to realize a progressive social movement boldly challenging the deep structures affecting the realization of SRHR in Uganda. See https://www.jasprogramme.ug/.
The fellow will support the programme to generate evidence to inform Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHRs) advocacy and programming in Uganda. The fellow will receive limited funding to support him/her to contribute towards the overall programme interventions in the 14 districts of coverage. The successful candidate will work closely with the CEHURD management team and the JAS programme partners. This position is designed to provide an opportunity for career development in research and advocacy for sexual reproductive health and rights.
The candidate will participate in activities that will include but are not limited to:
– Research on Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHRs) for contested and uncontested SRHR issues
– Documentation of the SRHRs journey in Uganda and the African region
– Masculinity studies and their contribution to the improvement of SRHR in Uganda
– Support programme work related to SRHR movement building and advocacy
– Documentation and publication of programme work; and
– Any other related duties assigned.
The tenure of this engagement will be for a period of Twelve (12) months from the date of signing the engagement letter. This will
be a full-time engagement that will be remunerated at CEHURD’s management level two
Interested candidates in the position are expected to provide the following documentation:
1. Detailed resume.
2. Motivation letter stating why the candidate is interested in the proposed fellowship.
3. The names and contact information for three reference persons.
4. Academic documents.
5. Identification documents such as a passport and/or a national identity card.
The complete application documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com by Friday, October 16, 2020, or hand-delivered to CEHURD Offices on Plot 4008, Justice Road, Canaan Sites, Nakwero, Gayaza – Kalagi Road, Tel. +256-414-532283