The Content Development Coordinator will be responsible for the development of Learning through Play (LTP) content materials for the technical areas that Plan International Uganda has been assigned to take lead across the region working in collaboration with the Content Development and Partnership Coordinator. He/she will play an active role in the implementation of content materials with the field teams/project officers and support content development processes with consortium partner Organizations.
Technical expertise, skills, and knowledge
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Primary Education/Early Childhood, Child Development, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any relevant field with wide demonstrated relevant experience working with International Non-Governmental Organisations.
- At least three years of progressively professional work experience in design, implementation, and evaluation of Primary Education and or Early Childhood Development. Familiarity with Learning through Play strategies is an asset.
- Excellent riding skills with possession of a motorcycle-riding permit is a MUST.
- Excellent project implementation and organization skills.
- Able to work in a consortium arrangement and keep track of multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing and budget management.
- Ability to Identify and synthesis best practices and lessons learned to promote knowledge management and sustainability.
- Ability to work in hard to reach hard to stay areas and familiar with programming for vulnerable children especially young girls and boys.
- Establishes effective partnerships with external stakeholders
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Powerpoint presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail, and web-based research.
- Experience of gender mainstreaming, gender equality, and inclusion in development programming
- Experience working with Education or Child protection programmes in a humanitarian context.
Lead in the development of primary school learning materials including subject matter content under Plan International Uganda mandate.
- Support in the identification of content development resource persons/consultants for the various technical areas
- Supporting collection and review of existing subject-matter content, documents, and curricula materials
- Support content development and adaptation.
- Provide leadership in the translation of materials developed.
- The support Field team in the distribution of Learning through Play materials
- Support in the development of project work plans, budget, and Monitoring Evaluation and Learning documents.
- Support deliver and manage the training of various stakeholders and consortium partners
- Work closely with project field staff in implementing Learning through Play content materials and other broader stakeholders.